I am doing a giveaway! I’m trying something new, so bear with me!! I have this lovely notebook with my Avocado Love painting on it. The original painting recently sold and I hope that it’s adding some whimsy to its new home!! I’m happy to offer this notebook in a free giveaway. Just leave me your name and email in the comment section or fill it out here Here
I will select a random winner on Sunday Feb 18. I will also not share your email information with others.
Valentine Boutique at LAA Gallery –
- Cookies and Coffee Party – Saturday, February 10 at 11:30 AM – 4 PM
- Extended Shopping Hours:. Open Monday and Tuesday, February 12 & 13, (11:30 to 4:00)
2155 Third Street, Livermore, California, 94550. Phone 925 449-9927
It’s been a while since I posted here – I’ve been busy with many different things. I am so happy to announce that my art is now officially up and ready for sale at the Livermore Art Association Gallery! For info on location and hours, click here. I am so happy to be part of this group of talented local artists!
Additionally, I have been busy painting mini canvases – Here’s a sampling of them. I will be selling at the Diamond Light’s Artisan Market in Oakland on December 16th. Here’s info on location and hours – here
If you’re in the area, please check it out. Both sites have some amazing artists and unique holiday gifts!
The countdown to ArtWalk is less than a week. In 6 days, I will share a booth with my super talented studio mate, Carol Faber-Peake at Livermore’s annual ArtWalk. I’ve been busy making new paintings, figuring out what items to bring, contemplating the booth experience and figuring out the fees for the various items.
All this got me thinking, “Why buy art?” Yes, there’s a personal motivation behind that question; I’d love to quit my day job and just focus on doing art. For this to be realized, I’d need to have others buy my art, plain and simple. I know that one day, I will reach my goal and luckily, I am enjoying my art journey. I love the time I spend in my studio and love noodling around. I could go on and on about why I do art, but my question was “why should we buy art?”
The two questions are linked in may ways. Artists tend to brush, sketch, draw, and pour their heart and soul into their work. There’s really no better feeling than seeing a painting come out in the way you wanted it to go. I can vouch for feeling elated after a successful day in the studio. Owning a piece is also owning that good feeling!
Here’s some other good reasons to buy original art:
- Paintings are unique, one of a kind experiences, versus mass market prints. One of my neighbors had the same print in their living room that we had in our bathroom. I took ours down shortly after I discovered this. My hope is to create a unique home experience. I slowly started getting rid of my mass market items and replaced them with original art.
- Original art gives you the opportunity to have a deeper discussion with others about the piece and what drew you to that work.
- An original work of art reflects, enhances and sometimes even magnifies the personality of the individual who owns it.
- Investment possibilities – while there are no guarantees, original artwork often retains its value or will increase its value over time.
Why do you buy art?
I spent a few hours in the studio this weekend working on these ArtAments. The left one is my tribute to Foothill Falcons Marching Band. The center one is a bit of nostalgia for those old bulb stringed lights. The right one is another snowman wearing their Marching Don’s spirit ware. I like his carefree expression. What’s got you feeling happy or joyous these days?
This ArtAment will be available for sale at Livermore ArtWalk – October 14. These cute mini canvases with original artwork are the perfect addition to your holiday decor. My favorite complementary colors are the purple and gold combo. It’s the most vibrant (in my opinion). I’ll keep you all posted on the different ArtAments that will be available for sale.
Here’s another ArtAment – this one honors the Livermore High Marching Band, the Cowboys. How lovely that their colors are so holiday festive too! I will be selling these and other designs at the ArtWalk – Saturday October 14 in Livermore.