It doesn’t get much better than the feeling of happiness and anticipation over the arrival of a new baby. If you or a loved one is expecting a bundle of joy soon, first off, congratulations! There are so many things to plan for the arrival your new family member.
When planning a nursery, I am sure that you have many ideas about the setting the ideal look and feel of the baby’s room. You’ll have many decisions to make from selecting the color pallet; picking from styles of cribs, bedding and furniture, and figuring out which of the many baby supplies and accessories you didn’t realized you might need! It can be overwhelming and fun at the same time.
I am going to explore some ideas to consider when selecting wall decor. Many parents want their baby’s room to have one-of-a-kind items. It sets the tone of providing a thoughtful, unique and meaningful space. You can really have a lot of fun picking out wall art ranging from traditional themes to abstract pieces. Wall art is the perfect venue for giving this special room its one of a kind feel.
- DIY – You will find a plethora of DIY ideas on Pinterest. If you have the time and inclination (and supplies) you can make some beautiful heirloom items. Here’s a cute giraffe project.
- Online shops -You can find a wide range of items on the various artisan sites such as Etsy, Vango Art and Fine Art America. There are many different price points and styles to choose from. Search images by color, size or subject. This is a great way to support emerging artists.
- Local galleries – If you live near an art gallery, this as another fantastic resource for you. The pieces in a gallery have been carefully selected or vetted. You get the added benefit of seeing the actual artwork up on a wall. Prices tend to be higher than the online art sites, but you get full service and the assurance that the pieces are of high quality.
- Photos – consider getting some of your favorite images matted and framed or made into a wrapped canvas pieces. Grouping several images together on a wall will give the space a dynamic and individual look.
- hanging supplies – if you want a quick modern look – consider magnets! This kit is a perfect solution for lightweight wall art – Good Hang Ups – it gives the look of an inspiration board which I think looks lovely in any room! I am giving this tool a try – I like having my art sit on the wall evenly and this factors in the slight differences in the hanging wire.
Baby decor does not have to be “babyish”- consider selecting wall art that can grow with your child or can move to another wall space when your little is older.. Ultimately, buy something that you like, that reflects your style.
Have fun with all of the possibilities!